Nov 10, 2010

Tomer and Asaf Hanuka

So I am totally into comics at the moment. I then remembered about Tomer and Asaf Hanuka, two fantastic illustrators and cartoon artists that I spotted and loved straight away. I really enjoy their bold use of colour and the way they use shadow and light to create an overall emotion. Their works are dramatic and confronting in content but no matter the subject you cannot help but stare in awe at their artwork even if you want to look away. Check out their blog, where they reveal some of their process work, Tomer's website or Asaf's website for some lovely finished works.

They are very talented, with hand drawing skills that are so refined. Going from sketch to final artwrok, shows the extents of their skills and they have really come to a style of their own.
This is where I currently struggle, having my own style. I get influenced from all sorts of places and people and really would like to find my 'niche'. but i guess the more you produce work and explore your own ideas a style will start to emerge on its own. O perhaps the message is, keep drawing/paining/making and it will all become more clear.







No comments:

Post a Comment